Are you a summer lover? If yes, then you must know about these summer myths.
The summer season is a season of beaches. A season full of seasonal fruits and drinks. But there are many misconceptions about the hot weather. Let us know about these misunderstood facts so that we don’t get into the prey to the rumors.
Here is the list of the top 6 misunderstood facts about the summer season
1. COLD FROM AC CAN GIVE YOU COMMON COLD
Img. Source: Google
This is the most misunderstood fact about summers. Medically there is no proof that AC could give you a cold. There is a difference between actual cold and ac cold. Air conditioners when met with bacteria, fungi, and mold cause sickness and we misunderstood that AC causes cold. When you set the temperature of AC too cold then also you can get cold. Otherwise, ACs are not harmful. There are 4 major tricks to prevent yourself in the summer season.
- Maintain a normal temperature
- Clean AC filters at regular interval
- Allow fresh air circulation
- Don’t sit directly in AC after coming from the heat
2. SUNBURNT IS NOT POSSIBLE WHEN IT’S CLOUDY
One of the most interesting and misunderstood facts about the summer season is that you can not get a sunburn when it’s cloudy. While the fact is in hot weather season even when it’s cloudy still the sun is there. You can be sunburned when it’s cloudy. The UV rays always sting us. So ensure to wear sunscreen even when it’s cloudy. Otherwise, your body will be vulnerable to UVA and UVB rays. These rays can easily travel through clouds. For your knowledge let us share 2 interesting facts about clouds and sun rays.
- The grey clouds let 30-35% of sun rays pass through them.
- On the other hand white clouds let 90% of rays pass through them.
3. SUNTAN IS HEALTHY
In the summer season, it is essential to protect yourself from sunburn and suntan. This is a misunderstood fact that suntan is healthy. No, a suntan is not healthy in any way. Any kind of skin damage is not healthy, especially in hot weather. It can cause skin cancer and accelerates skin aging. UV radiation in any terms is harmful. There are several ways to protect yourself from suntan during the summer season. Let us have a look at them:
- Apply sunscreen whenever you go out in hot weather.
- Let your skin expose less to sun rays.
- Always avoid peak sun hours. Sunrays are strongest from 10 am to 2 pm.
- Hydrate yourself with water
4. YOU NEED 8 GLASSES OF WATER
No, we are not saying that drinking water is terrible. But it is a misunderstood fact that we should drink 8 glasses of water. It is essential to stay hydrated in hot weather but there are no particular criteria for that. Your need depends upon your activity levels and your age. 8 glasses might not be suitable for every person. The recommendations vary from person to person. There are several factors on which your water intake depends upon. These are:
- If you exercise more then you need more water.
- If you live in hot weather are then your requirement for water is much higher
- During pregnancy and breastfeeding your body needs more fluid.
5. SWIMMING AFTER EATING IS BAD
Debunk this myth that swimming after eating is unhealthy. It is not dangerous at all and at the same time, it is actually good. It is true that on a heavy stomach it is difficult to swim and it may cause cramping. But it won’t make you sick. What could be dangerous is swimming after drinking alcohol otherwise it’s safe.
6. EVERY DRINK QUENCH YOUR THIRST
It is a commonly misunderstood fact that every drink could quench your thirst. You might not feel thirsty at that time but it will harm your body. There is no better drink than water. Water helps in digestion, quenches your thirst, improves metabolism, and does lots of miracles at the same time. On the other hand drinking, other drinks can have a negative impact on your gut. Rehydrate yourself with water in hot weather to stay healthy and fit. It will have the following benefits:
- You will start losing weight faster.
- You will be able to flush out the toxins from the body.
- It will increase muscle endurance.
- It will sharpen up your concentration power.
- It will speed up your metabolic rate.
- It will give you glowing skin.
The summer season is full of enjoyment but doesn’t ever fall into the trap of these myths. Enjoy this summer season as you wish without any rumors. Happy summer season.